- 1) Does Abby’s niece Tara strike you as a typical young teen? Why or why not?
- 2) Why isn’t Abby frightened by Nils Raand?
- 3) With all of Abby’s mom’s artistic failures, why does Abby encourage her to continue?
- 4) What tactics are Abby’s and Marco’s family using to pressure them to get married?
- 5) Why does Abby’s mom get involved in the petition against Uniworld?
- 6) Can you compare Uniworld to actual giant food companies’ unsafe practices?
- 7) Why is Abby nervous about making a decision on their wedding date?
- 8) What is the purpose of Abby’s list of pluses and minuses, and is that a good way to decide?
- 9) Is Abby’s inability to reach the city attorney typical? Have you ever tried to reach an attorney and never received a return call?
- 10) Why doesn’t Abby take the letter threats seriously?
- 11) In what ways does Tara’s behavior mimic Abby’s?
- 12) Abby appreciated Marco’s efforts to keep her safe, yet they made her testy. Is that understandable?
- 13) Who did you think was the big, sweating man in the third person scenes? Were you right?
- 14) Why did Abby have difficulty accepting her dad’s handicap?
- 15) Why does Abby label Marco as autocratic when she always admired his leadership ability?
- 16) Thinking of the jar of red hearts on Abby’s parents’ coffee table, do you see them as a close couple? How do they use humor in their marriage?
- 17) Why does Marco’s mother scare Abby?
- 18) Why is Abby’s father against Abby referring to Marco as her hero?
- 19) How does Abby’s dad’s advice change her perspective of Marco?
- 20) Abby is shocked to learn her parents were on the verge of divorce. Can you relate to that? Was it fair of them to not tell her?
- 21) How did Abby get her nickname, Abracadabra?
- 22) What did Abby mean by, ‘There was only one cripple in the room and it wasn’t dad.’?
- 23) Did Rafe’s choice of a girlfriend surprise you?
- 24) Were you surprised by the ending?